Monday 27 August 2007

Chapter five: The realisation.

Climbing into the back of the black limo she whispered to herself 'hmmm discreet!'...Jon heard her though she was just mumbling to herself and said 'it's a double bluff, limos these days are just for bachelorette parties, so people think anyway'. She sat in the comfy seat before realising they were not alone...'Well what do we have here?' said the long dark haired man. 'Urm, hi' she said feeling quite awkward. Jon quickly butted in to make introductions 'This is Richie, Tico and David...and sleeping over in the corner is Hugh. His head only has to touch something and he is out. And guys this is....well we have no idea' he said before laughing loudly. She joined in with all the men laughing, glad of the light heartedness. 'Shouldn't you be in hospital?' Richie said after the laughter had stopped. 'Well the medics checked me out at the first aid place, they said that there is a concussion. But a hospital would only tell me to go home and get some rest...but of course I don't know where home is'. Richie questioned further, 'but surely the amnesia is cause for concern'. 'Well' she said 'I am just going by what they tell me. Its not like I am in immediate danger for my life, so they wouldn't want to admit me when someone else needs the bed far more. Besides Stewart said that the doctor at the show was perfectly qualified and he just said check in with my GP..which could be a problem I know!'. Nodding Richie said 'well that's fine then...I just don't want a stiff on our hands...' realising what he said when the other guys creased up Richie started digging further 'well a body in our hands...err well you know what I mean'.

Laughter was pretty much the theme of the car journey, the guys in the band helping to take her mind off of not only her headache, but her general situation.

**************

As the limo pulled up to the rear entrance of the hotel they all readied themselves to leave. Walking into the grand lobby of the 5 star hotel she began to feel out of place...'Jon' she whispered 'I don't think i fit in here', 'Don't be silly' jon laughed patting her on the shoulder. 'Well I am not their usual clientelle' she said looking down at her bon jovi t-shirt, jeans complete with holes and battered boots. 'Don't worry, I mean they let us lot in here don't they? Besides I think you look great' he smiled this little grin at her...She couldn't help but blush, that look half smile, half smirk. She hadn't realised how extremely good looking he was, she thought as she watched him walk up to the reception to check in, she couldn't help watching his back as he went. Or more specifically his bum, that man could drive to distraction without trying she thought.

'He is way too old for you!' a voice sounded behind snapping her out of her thoughts, spinning around she was greeted by the smiling face of Richie. Before she had a chance to respond he fired a question at her 'So are you up for a party tonight? When I say party I mean more of a small gathering...real low key' he said, trying to convince her. 'Sorry Richie but I might have to take a rain check. I am tired, and my headache...and besides I have nothing to wear'. Richie grinned 'Who are you trying to convince? Me or You?' he laughed. 'Well if you change your mind the offer stands'. 'That's ok' she replied 'Thank you though. I really appreciate the offer'. Richie just did this sort of half smile at the corner of his mouth before turning and saying 'what can I say? I tried' to everyone and no one as he walked away.

Jon returned to stand beside her. 'So can I show you to your room?'

No comments: